Regionality and worldwide connection
STOAK was founded in 2016 in Gleisdorf by Oliver Ortis and Max Musil.
Here in the east of Styria we are developing and designing the STOAK collections with a small team. The prototypes and small series are then produced in our own sewing room and printing shop.
We are only using the best fabrics for our products, especially extraordinary and natural materials like bamboo, tencel, made of beech wood, und organic produced cotton. The function textiles for our athletic shorts and leggings are made from recycled fishing nets and other plastic waste from the Mediterranean Sea here in Europe.
Bigger series are produced in Austria, Slovenia, Lithuania and Indonesia. For this reason, we established a joint venture in Jakarta in which, under our direct control and 100% fair conditions, a part of our STOAK collection is produced in cooperation with GrumpyScampi Clothing. Here an insight into the production processes.
Fair work | fair production
STOAK is an official training company in cooperation with ZAM Styria to support professional opportunities of women in the working industry.
STOAK not only stands for fair working conditions in its own company but also in the whole value chain. We control all steps, from the procurement of raw materials through the manufacturing process until the final sale and we only work with partners who meet the following criteria:
- No child labor (Zero Tolerance Policy)
- fair payment
- equal opportunities for women and men
- safety at work
- the right to have a say for employees
Environmental sustainability- natural fabrics made of bamboo, tencel out of beech wood and organic produced cotton, as well as recycled fishing nets
- all materials are ÖKOTEX 100, the organic fabrics are additionally GOTS certificated
- environmentally friendly ECOSOL print colors (water-based, PVC-free, phthalate-free, formaldehyde-free)
- packaging made from recycled paper or fabric
- carbon dioxide neutral transport with the Austrian post
One Tree Planted
We are official partner of One Tree Planted and this way we support reforestation in regions affected by deforestation in South America, Africa and Asia. For each product sold a tree is planted and thereby created habitats and ecosystems for people and endangered animals.
STOAK supports social institutions and aid projects in Austria and Indonesia:
- Red Cross District Weiz (equipment of the volunteer members)
- volunteer fire brigade Gleisdorf (equipment of the volunteer members)
- 4for21 association for the promotion of children with down syndrome (equipment of the volunteer members)
- Chance B – association for people with handicaps
- Sports for hope
- Caritas Styria – help for refugee children
- Mosaik outpatient clinic for people with handicaps
- Aid to flood victims in Jakarta
- Support for orphans in Jakarta
- English lessons for teenagers from socially disadvantaged families in Jakarta
We not only rely on regionality in the manufacturing of our products, but also in the selection of our partners.
There are no products to list in this category.